Trivia: How many times in our lives would we wake up with the prospect of a twilight safari? Let’s have ourselves one of those mornings.
Summary: The Ranthambore National Park is one of the best places in India to spot the majestic Bengal tiger in its natural habitat. The National Park is outlined by the edge of a plateau, and with the Banas & Chambal rivers to its north and south respectively. The park gets its name from the Ranthambore Fort- a UNESCO World Heritage Site; situated within its boundaries. One of the biggest and most populous tiger reserves in India, Ranthambore is home to a wide spectrum of flora and fauna, which we experience during the course of this trip.
Ranthambore National Park Tour by Helicopter
Did you know that the longest living tigress in wild environment recorded was in the Ranthambore National Park- a gorgeous creature by the name of Machli. Her name meant ‘Lady of the Lakes,’ owing to the scale-like marks on her body. International award-winning documentary Broken Tail explored the story of the eponymous Ranthambore tiger that left the park to travel to Darra. The film was telecast on TV channels such as BBC, PBS, CBC, and RTÉ, amongst others.
Having struggled to keep the tiger population from plummeting owing to widespread poaching practices, the Government of India initiated Project Tiger in 1973 and the Ranthambore National Park was expanded out of this initiative. Situated at a distance of 150 km (80 nm) from Jaipur, Ranthambore is located in the Sawai Madhopur district. With its characteristic deciduous forests, the sanctuary is home to a wide range of fauna including the Indian leopard, nilgai, wild boar, sambar, striped hyena, sloth bear, southern plains gray langur, rhesus macaque, mugger crocodile and chital. The flora found here comprises a variety of trees, plants, birds and reptiles, and one of the largest banyan trees in India.
RS. 4,50,000/- For 4 to 5 PAX
- Polyglot guide for the guests throughout the tour
- Transfers- from Jaipur helipad to accommodation in luxury AC sedan
- Lunch as per your choice
- Aerial View of the Ranthambore National Park
- Travel insurance
- All Landing & Parking charges at Helipad/Airport
- Ground handling charges in Jaipur
- Special Permission required to land in Ranthambore
- All taxes included
Best Time to Visit
The Ranthambore National Park is open for visits from October 1st to June 30th every year. The best months to visit Ranthambore and to spot tigers are October through April. Although summers in Ranthambore are quite hot, but the probability of spotting tigers is higher during the hot months. The Park stays closed during theses months.
Somber clothes with eco-friendly dyes; Forest Khaki, Olive Green and Browns are recommended for the Safari because if the animals spot shiny colors, it might frighten them as they are not used to these tones
- Summer (April to June): Day time temperature ranges between 35 and 47 degree Celsius. Recommended to dress in the lightest clothes during Jungle Safari. Dark glasses, Sun hat, Sunscreen glasses and sun hat, Water bottles.
- Winter (December to February): Morning Jungle Safari is quite chilly these months so it’s advised to wear several layers of warm clothes. Some days can also be quite pleasant when a sweatshirt may suffice. The night temperature drops below 10° C. Recommended to carry gloves and a muffler. Prefer a glove pair that’s thin yet warm so as to offer an easy grip for camera handling.
- 40% of the amount to be paid for booking confirmation and balance 20 days before departure
- In case of foreign nationals traveling, a minimum of 01 months advance confirmation and the copy of documents like passport & visa are required.
- A morning/evening Jeep/Canter Safari of the Ranthambore National Park
- Morning Safari timings– 6:30 am to 10:00 am
- Evening Safari timings– 3:00 pm to 06:30 pm
- Flying time- 80 minutes
- In case of more than 04 adult pax, an additional charter can be arranged. A 5th person may be accommodated subjected to conditions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All flights depend upon weather/wind/fog/visibility conditions and flight schedules are subject to change/divert due to weather conditions, flight safety and operational restrictions.
- Confirmation of the flight is subject to availability and booking can only be confirmed after the receipt of 100% advance payment. Passengers are allowed 5 kg in baggage and the average weight per person is assumed to be 75kg.
In case of cancellation of booking, the following charges will be applicable:
- 25% of the total estimated charter cost will be levied if the flight is cancelled any time after blocking of the aircraft till 07 days of the scheduled departure.
- 50% of the total estimated charter cost will be levied if the flight is cancelled within 04 days of the scheduled departure.
- 100 % of the total estimated charter cost will be levied if the flight is cancelled within 02 days of the scheduled departure.